Seattle Wrongful Death Lawyer
Wrongful death is a terrible tragedy that can occur if someone is negligent reckless in regard to the safety of others. Surviving a loved one after a fatal accident can leave you with many questions, including who may be responsible for causing the death. If someone else negligently or intentionally took your loved one’s life, your family may be eligible for compensation. The Seattle wrongful death attorneys at Washington Injury Law are here for your family during this difficult time. Contact us for a free consultation.
Why Choose Washington Injury Law?
- You will not pay anything unless we win. We use our own money to advance all the necessary costs to move your case forward. We use a contingency fee agreement, so you will only have to pay if we secure your family monetary damages.
- You will benefit from our years of trial experience. Our attorneys have what it takes to bring your wrongful death case to court in Seattle, if necessary. Your wrongful death claim may require a trial if an insurer treats you unfairly.
- You will have peace of mind while Seattle personal injury attorney handles everything. We are passionate about helping families after a wrongful death. You can concentrate on grieving while we take care of your case.
When to Hire a Seattle Wrongful Death Lawyer
Wrongful death is the ultimate price for another person’s negligence. If your family suffered an unexpected loss, do not go through the insurance claim process alone. Insurance companies, unfortunately, want what is best for them, not for you. This can lead to unfair settlement offers or denied claims. Hire an attorney to handle your claim for your family. A lawyer can take care of everything, giving you as much peace of mind as possible throughout the legal process.
Washington Wrongful Death Laws
Each state has unique wrongful death laws. As a potential claimant, you must learn and obey the laws regarding what qualifies as wrongful death, when to file a claim, and what damages to seek. A lawyer can help you navigate the laws in Washington.
- Who may file? The personal representative of the decedent’s estate may file a claim, as may the deceased person’s spouse, domestic partner, and children or stepchildren. The decedent’s parents or siblings may file if there is no spouse or children. If the decedent was under 18, either parent may file.
- When is the deadline? Claimants must file wrongful death lawsuits within three years of the date of death for the courts to hear the case. This time limit does not change because of an ongoing criminal case.
- What damages are available? A claimant may seek recovery for final medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, lost wages, a lost inheritance, the deceased person’s pain and suffering, and loss of care and companionship.
You do not have to navigate Washington’s wrongful death laws alone. Hire an attorney to take care of your case for you, and benefit from years of legal experience.
Do You Know What Caused Your Loved One’s Death?
Wrongful death can occur in many circumstances. In 2015, car accidents alone took 553 lives in Washington state. Knowing how your loved one died is one of the first steps toward obtaining financial compensation in a negligence claim. Some types of incidents cause wrongful death more than others.
- Auto accident
- Workplace accident
- Fire or explosion
- Premises liability accident
- Defective product
- Medical malpractice
- Act of violence
- Unintentional poisoning
No matter how your loved one lost his or her life, speak to an attorney for information about a possible claim. Another person or entity may owe your family financial damages for causing the fatal accident. You can determine liability with help from an attorney.
Call Today to Speak to a Wrongful Death Attorney in Seattle
The attorneys at Washington Injury Law have years of experience handling complicated wrongful death claims. We can evaluate your case, help you prove liability, and fight for full compensation for your losses. We know a claim cannot bring back your loved one. Financial recovery could, however, give you justice, closure, and financial stability during a tough time. Request your free consultation in Seattle today.