Seattle Labor and Delivery Injury Attorney
Welcoming a new child to your family is meant to be a joyous occasion. However, this event can turn to sadness and pain if you or your loved one experiences a complication during labor or delivery. These injuries can result in severe harm to both the mother and the child, often leading to lifelong, expensive, and stressful consequences.
If you or your child suffered an injury during labor and delivery, legal options with the help of a Seattle labor and delivery injury lawyer are available. You may be able to receive compensation to recover from your losses through a birth injury lawsuit or insurance claim. If you need a Seattle personal injury attorney for your labor and delivery case, contact Washington Injury Law today.
Why Choose Washington Injury Law?
- Attorney Janelle Bailey has a scientific background, giving her a unique edge over other firms in personal injury law. She understands the intricacies of birth injuries and can provide insight into your particular situation, along with medical experts.
- Our firm always puts our clients first. We strive to make the process of hiring an attorney as simple as possible.
- Our firm knows personal injury law. We have years of experience in multiple practice areas. We know how to handle negotiations with insurance companies and to represent you in the courtroom, if needed.
Common Types of Labor and Delivery Injuries
Labor and delivery injuries may be the result of medical malpractice by the medical professionals involved in your child’s birth. These injuries can result in a lifetime of struggle and financial hardship for the families involved. They often lead to lifelong disability and high medical costs for the child. Any injury suffered by a mother or child during the delivery process caused by medical negligence may be eligible for compensation.
- Cerebral palsy is one of the most common birth injuries, caused by a lack of oxygen or blood flow during labor. This condition causes brain damage, affecting coordination, motor skills, muscle control, and child development.
- Bone fractures can occur when doctors forcibly remove the child from the mother. The baby sometimes has his or her clavicle broken during this process.
- When professionals use forceps to remove a baby during a difficult delivery, the child can suffer injuries ranging from minor bruises to nerve damage, skull fractures, brain injury, and scalp lacerations.
- Erb’s Palsy
- Brachial Plexus
Proving Negligence in a Labor and Delivery Case
If you believe you or your child suffered an injury caused by medical malpractice during labor and delivery, your lawyer will have to prove that the professionals involved in your lawsuit acted negligently. To do so, you and your lawyer will need to prove that:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care.
- The at-fault party breached its duty of care.
- The breach of care directly led to your or your child’s injuries.
- You and your child suffered damages as a result of these injuries.
Why Do You Need a Seattle Labor and Delivery Injury Lawyer?
Proving negligence in a labor and delivery lawsuit can be a challenge without a Seattle birth injury attorney on your side. Your attorney can collect medical records and review all the evidence involved in your case. He or she can contact medical experts and record expert testimony for use in the notice process and in the courtroom.
Your attorney can also help you calculate the damages you can recover from your lawsuit, including the future cost of your child’s medical care. Your birth injury attorney will have the experience and training necessary to complete your case without any errors or delays so that you can focus on recovery and your child.
Have you or your child suffered an injury during labor and delivery in Seattle? You may be eligible for financial compensation. Contact Washington Injury Law today to schedule your free consultation at our Seattle office.