Seattle Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicycles are a popular choice for exercise and leisure in the Seattle area, and many people love riding their bikes to and from work as an environmentally responsible alternative to driving. However, bicycle accidents can happen and cause serious injuries. If a driver or another party causes an injury to you or a loved one while riding a bicycle in the Seattle area, the Seattle bicycle accident attorney at Washington Injury Law can help you determine your options for legal recourse. Contact Washington Injury Law today to schedule a case review with an attorney and learn more about how our firm can help.
Why Choose Washington Injury Law?
When you need a Seattle personal injury attorney for a bicycle accident claim, it is crucial to find one with the experience necessary to navigate you to a successful result.
- Washington Injury Law offers a full range of legal services for bicycle accidents and other personal injuries in the Seattle area.
- We have extensive experience with bicycle accident claims and know how to approach these cases to maximize your recovery.
- Our Seattle personal injury firm takes every case with a contingency fee agreement, meaning we only collect legal fees after we win your case and charge no up-front fees for any legal services.
Your bicycle accident attorney will be a major deciding factor in the quality of your recovery after a bicycle accident in Seattle.
How Will a Seattle Bicycle Accident Attorney Help?
The Seattle bicycle accident lawyer at Washington Injury Law will carefully review the details of your bicycle accident claim to help you identify the liable parties and assess the full extent of your damages. Your attorney can handle correspondence and negotiations with insurance carriers on your behalf, limiting the chance of pushback against a legitimate claim and ensuring you receive an appropriate amount of coverage. A lawyer can also represent you in court and coordinate expert witness testimony to support your claim in front of a jury if necessary.
Common Bicycle Accident Causes
Bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as motor vehicle drivers in Washington. With few exceptions, bicycles may travel in the road and “take the lane” as necessary, and nearby drivers must yield as they would for any other vehicle. Bicyclists should remain in bike lanes wherever possible and avoid traveling side-by-side in a bike lane adjacent to lanes of other traffic.
According to studies, 45,000 bicyclists were injured in 2015. Currently, there is no law in Washington requiring the use of helmets. Many bicycle accidents occur due to poor visibility. Bicycles are harder to see, and a driver could unknowingly hit a bicyclist traveling too close or failing to signal for a turn or lane change. Road damage in Seattle can also contribute to a bicycle accident, and the government office responsible for maintaining the road would be liable for the victim’s damages. However, it is not always possible to file a civil claim against the government due to sovereign immunity. Even if the option is available, the potential recovery is likely limited, and the claimant will have a much shorter time to file his or her claim.
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
Getting into a bike accident can leave the victim with many serious injuries, including:
- Road rash
- Brain injuries
- Dental fractures
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
Damages and Compensation for a Bicycle Accident Claim in Seattle
An injured bicyclist can claim compensation for any and all damages resulting from another party’s negligence.
- Medical expenses, both immediate and future, may form the bulk of an injured claimant’s economic damages. A plaintiff can claim compensation for hospital bills, rehabilitation, prescription costs, and any costs for necessary ongoing or long-term care.
- Plaintiffs may also sue for lost income if their injuries prevent them from working during recovery or if they cause permanent disabilities that interfere with their ability to work.
- A plaintiff may also claim compensation for property damages, such as the cost of repairing or replacing his or her damaged bike.
- Plaintiffs receive pain and suffering compensation for the physical pain and psychological damage suffered from their accidents.
Securing compensation for your bicycle accident claim starts with hiring the right bicycle accident attorney in Seattle to represent your interests and fight for your recovery. Contact Washington Injury Law today to schedule a case evaluation with an attorney and learn more about your options for legal recourse.