Seattle Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents are the leading cause of missed days from work, with the potential to cause damage that can affect your health for months – even years. If you or a loved one suffered a slip and fall recently in the Seattle area, the Seattle slip and fall accident lawyer at Washington Injury Law can help you. Contact us today to schedule a case evaluation with our Seattle personal injury attorneys, and we can let you know what to expect from your slip and fall claim.
Why Choose Washington Injury Law?
If you have a slip and fall claim involving significant damages, the right attorney will make a difference in your recovery.
- Washington Injury Law has experience with personal injury claims of all types, including car accidents, premises liability, medical malpractice, and more.
- We strive to maximize our client’s compensation in every case we take.
- Our firm wants to make legal representation less stressful for those who need it, so we take every case on a contingency fee agreement that ensures we only collect legal fees when we win.
Washington Injury Law has the skill and experience to help you through the most difficult personal injury claims.
How Can a Seattle Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Help?
Your attorney does much more than just represent your interests in court. He or she can assist with evidence gathering and find expert witnesses to testify on your behalf. Your attorney can also handle negotiations with insurance carriers and help you prepare for depositions and trial. A Washington Injury Law attorney will handle your legal affairs on your behalf so you can recover with peace of mind. Hiring an attorney also ensures you will not lose your chance of recovery due to a procedural error, such as missing a filing deadline with the court.
Elements of a Slip and Fall Claim
Slip and fall accidents may seem minor at first, but the reality is that these incidents can cause catastrophic injuries and expensive damages. In 2016, 9.2 million people were treated for fall-related injuries. When a person slips on a wet or slippery floor, the owner of the property could be liable for the resulting damages. Property owners have a duty of care to prevent foreseeable injuries to lawful guests, customers, and visitors to their private properties. If a property owner fails to fix a known hazard before it hurts someone else, or fails to warn a lawful visitor about a dangerous element on the property, the property owner would likely face liability for the resulting damages.
Damages and Compensation
A successful premises liability claim for a slip and fall accident can yield several types of compensation for the plaintiff if his or her attorney can prove the property owner in question had a duty of care to address foreseeable risks of injury on his or her property and failed to do so. As long as the plaintiff was a lawful visitor on the property, the property owner is liable for any and all damages resulting from the incident.
- Medical expenses, both immediate and future.
- Lost income, both following the accident and lost future earnings if the plaintiff is unable to work after the injury.
- Property damage, in the event a slip and fall broke personal property like an expensive watch.
- Pain and suffering awarded based on the level of physical pain and emotional anguish the plaintiff experienced as a result of his or her slip and fall.
Property owners could bear liability for these damages due to negligent security, dangerous physical elements on premises, failure to clear snow and ice, and many more possible causes.
Call Us For Experienced Slip and Fall Accident Guidance
The best method of ensuring a recovery after a slip and fall accident is hiring an attorney to represent a case against a negligent property owner. If you or a loved one suffered any kind of injury on private property and believe the property owner is responsible for your damages, contact Washington Injury Law today.