Seattle Brain Injury Lawyer
Brain injuries are some of the most serious personal injuries that may lead to permanent disabilities in victims. If you or a loved one is dealing with a brain injury after an accident or act of violence, contact our Seattle brain injury attorneys for a free consultation. You and your family may be eligible for compensation.
Why Choose Us?
- We have significant trial experience and are not afraid to take your brain injury case to court in Seattle if an insurance company is dealing with you unfairly.
- We make the process of hiring an attorney and pursuing compensation for you or a loved one’s brain injury as simple as possible. Our Seattle personal injury attorneys always put the client first.
- We believe in open, up-front communication with our clients. Every time you contact us, you will always be able to speak to an attorney, not an assistant.
Why Do You Need a Brain Injury Attorney in Seattle?
Thousands of accident victims suffer from brain injuries every year, with approximately 5.3 million people living with a disability caused by a traumatic brain injury. Brain injuries can change every aspect of life for the victim. A brain injury can alter motor function, cognitive abilities, speech, communication, and behavioral patterns. It could temporarily or permanently disable the victim. If you or someone close to you has a brain injury from someone else’s negligence in Seattle, it is important to hire a brain injury attorney to represent your case. Insurance companies may try to take advantage of you and offer a settlement that is far less than the value of your losses. An experienced Seattle brain injury lawyer can make sure that does not happen.
Types of Brain Injuries
The brain is a delicate and complex organ. Different events can cause a wide range of injury types. All brain injuries are serious. The type of injury inflicted, however, may determine the patient’s prognosis and the settlement value of the claim.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): A TBI comes from external forces, such as a blow to the head. Examples of TBIs include concussions, diffuse axonal injuries, hematoma, and edema.
- Acquired brain injury (ABI): An ABI comes from internal forces, such as a loss of blood or oxygen to the brain. An ABI can arise from a drowning incident, anesthesia error, birth injury, or suffocation.
A brain injury may also be open or closed. An open brain injury involves a skull fracture, while a closed brain injury does not. The severity of the brain injury suffered can decide the financial value of the personal injury claim in Seattle.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
Negligence causes many brain injuries. Negligent drivers, doctors, sports coaches, coworkers, property owners, and others may all cause brain injuries unintentionally. A negligent employer, for example, may fail to equip construction workers with proper head protection, contributing to a worker’s traumatic brain injury when a tool falls from a scaffold. These five events cause the majority of brain injuries in the U.S.:
If someone else’s negligence caused your brain injury, you could have grounds for a personal injury claim in Seattle. The at-fault party may owe you and your family financial compensation for your related losses.
Who Is Liable?
Liability, or legal responsibility for damages, will come down to the party or parties that contributed most to the brain injury. Determining liability may take an investigation of the incident from a law firm. Hiring a Seattle brain injury lawyer to handle your case can make it easy to identify the appropriate defendant(s).
Contact Our Seattle Brain Injury Lawyer Today
Washington Injury Law can help you obtain compensation for your or a family member’s serious brain injury. Our Seattle personal injury lawyers can take care of the claims process, while you focus on physical recovery. Find out what your case may be worth during a free consultation.