Seattle Product Liability Attorney
Product liability refers to a type of civil claim that points to a manufacturer or distributor as the liable party for a consumer’s product-related injuries. If a defective or dangerously designed product causes injury, the victim may be eligible for compensation without needing proof of the defendant’s negligence. It is important to speak to a Seattle product liability attorney if a defective product caused you or a loved one serious injury. The Seattle personal injury lawyers at Washington Injury Law offer free consultations.
Why Choose Washington Injury Law?
- Our attorneys are passionate about justice. Attorney Janelle Bailey enjoys meeting with clients and handles each case with a high level of respect and compassion.
- Our firm is able to recover strong settlements and verdicts. We can take a product manufacturer to court, if necessary – ensuring the best possible results for your case.
- Our personal injury lawyers in Seattle only charge if they win. You will only ever have to pay attorney’s fees out of your settlement or judgment award, never out of pocket.
Do You Need a Seattle Product Liability Lawyer?
It is not easy to handle a product liability claim on your own. Going up against major corporations and large insurance companies can be difficult without an attorney representing you. Hiring a lawyer, on the other hand, lets you focus on more important things – like your personal health. Your personal injury attorney will fight for fair compensation for you, while you undergo medical treatments and concentrate on getting better. Your lawyer can make sure insurance companies do not take advantage of you during the claims process.
3 Types of Product Defects
Strict product liability laws state that a victim will not need to prove the manufacturer’s negligence to obtain a settlement in certain cases. In Washington, strict liability laws will apply to cases where the product in question contained one of three main types of defects.
- Design flaw: An error in the design of the product that makes it inherently unsafe for consumers to use.
- Manufacturing error: A mistake made during manufacturing, resulting in an end product that may not work as intended.
- Marketing mistake: A lapse in warning consumers of the known or potential risks of using an item.
It will be up to you or your attorney to show that the product exhibited one of these defects, that you were using the item as the manufacturer intended, and that the product caused your injuries. These are the three main elements you will need to obtain compensation for your damages in Washington.
How to Prove Your Case
Going up against a large corporation for a defective medical device, household item, appliance, cosmetic product, medication, or another item may not be easy as an injured plaintiff – despite strict liability laws. Your case may require evidence such as photographs of the defective product, medical records proving your injuries, or eyewitnesses testifying that you were using the product as intended. Other people may have suffered similar injuries using the same item, leading to a class action or mass tort. Hiring a Seattle product liability lawyer is the easiest way for you to stand up against at-fault manufacturers.
The Statute of Limitations on Product Liability Claims
Speak to an attorney as soon as possible after a product causes serious personal injuries. Washington’s Product Liability Act gives most victims three years from the date of injury to bring lawsuits. Missing your deadline generally means giving up your right to seek compensation. Do not run this risk. Contact a product liability attorney near you right away to discuss your rights and legal options.
Request a Free Product Liability Case Review
The product liability lawyers at Washington Injury Law have years of experience negotiating these types of claims. We know how to help each client fight for the best possible case results. Let us review your recent injuries during a consultation, either at our Seattle office, over the phone, or at a location of your choosing. Request your meeting today through our online portal.